Sunday, January 12, 2014

Miracles

Hey,
This week was awesome! It was super hard and we didnt ever stop to rest. But it was awesome. Milsi is getting baptized this Sunday! She told us that she felt that warm feeling and knew that it was true. She has been so much happier lately! Shes so awesome. Her brother Brandon is progressing as well. Its a miracle! He hated anything about church and stopped believing in God when he was like 5. Haha. And yesterday he showed up at church with a suit on, looking snappy, and later during our lesson, he told us he was feeling better toward it all, and we were teaching the 10 Commandments, and he defended the truth! The whole time, it was cool, he was backing up every commandment. Hes so dang smart! His whole family gave him a huge hug and he was smiling so big. And after the prayer he said Amen! and then looked around and said, "Thats the first time I've said that!" haha hes a cool kid.
There's a lady named Esther that cant get baptized because she promised her daughter that she wouldn't a long time ago. But she wants to so bad and knows everything about the church! But she cant break her promise. So. We are working with the daughter. :) We sang a Christmas song to both of them and Esther said, "I have angels in my house! What a blessing!" haha. The daughter is also progressing because she said that she saw an Elder give a blessing to her mom and she got better...she said, "I believe you guys." But she said, "But I'm not changing." But its progress all the same. :)
We are looking forward to some crazy miracles!
I had zone conference in Edwards, the chapel of the Plaza Victoria in Valpo. Its beautiful and looks like a greek building! with columns and a garden. The missionaries in my zone are cool. We have two ex-APs and like 3 sets of sisters. One of the sisters from Argentina calls me the Latina Gringa because she thought I was from Chile. Sweet!
We did service this week and hacked some plants. Super fun! I love being outside.
Milsi told a story of when she was in her Catholic school the other day, and the religion teacher said that after we die we all forget everything that happened in this life. And Milsi raised her hand and said, "That doesnt make any sense! Then what's the purpose of this life?" And the nun said, "Leave the classroom!" Haha and Milsi told us the whole story with a huge smile on her face. :)
We had the primary program yesterday in Sacrament meeting and it was so cute! The oldest little boy that is moving to Young Mens got up to bear his testimony and he choked up saying that leaving would be so hard to do, but he bore such a strong, simple, powerful testimony that this Church is true. The whole room was in tears.
We also gave an FHE with one of the families in our ward, and it was incredible. We watched The Robles Family from the District 2, and it reminded me of my family so much! I am so grateful to have the family that I have, and I love them so much. They mean so much to me. I am so glad we get to spend eternity together.
That was my week! And this one will be crazy and awesome as well!
I love you all! Miss you!
Hermana Amy Schrader

No comments:

Post a Comment