Sunday, January 12, 2014

Just Do It

Hey everyone!
So I had a crazy week! On PDay we played some basketball and football and I was so glad!
Everyone here in Recreo thinks Im leaving next Wednesday since Ive been here 6 months! But I dont want to go! I love Recreo! Just one more cambio...
Yesterday we got a free ride from a colectivo! All the way up to Hna Matelunas! When we told Javier that, he was super impressed! He says that colectiveros NEVER do that. Ever. But he says it must be because we are angelitos. :)
There has been lots of drama with the Rojas family! This week we taught Carolina the law of chastity and she loved it. She accepted it right away and knew it was true. She really wants to get baptized! She had her baptismal interview Wednesday but couldnt come so she rescheduled it for Friday. And on Friday (when I was on intercambios/transfers in Reñaca), Francisco came to the interview instead of Carolina and said he wanted to get baptized with her! So after a long process, they got permission from President and rescheduled the interview for Carolina AND Francisco AND Martina for Saturday. I came back on Saturday and was there for the interviews, and they all passed and did awesome and we had EVERYTHING planned! All the members and zone leaders and everyone were helping so much with everything. It was awesome. We made so many calls and organized so much. 
Then, Sunday morning, we get a call from Carolina. She said that Francisco is with the police and something happened....we dont know. She just said that she really wanted to get baptized but couldnt come to church because she had to talk to the police. My heart broke...it was just what I had been afraid of. But what really made everything alright was to hear in Carolinas voice how much she wants this for her family. She really wants to be baptized, and she is AMAZING. Its just Francisco that is holding her back I think. It's just crazy with him. But anyway, her baptism is now planned for this coming Sunday. But just her and her daughter.
Anyway. 
Yesterday we had Once with Javier, Hna Mateluna, and her family, for her 72nd birthday! Seriously, being with those people - It felt like family! Like home away from home. When Javier heard that I might be leaving at transfers, he said this: "Things won't be the same without you here. You've become part of th family. When you go, you'll be sorely missed." He got a little emotional too as he explained to his family the "uncle-niece bond" that we have. It was really touching to hear that I had made a difference in his life... I have been waiting for that my whole mission - to hear that I have made an impact. I know he will be mormon one day! He has so much faith and is truly searching for the truth. 
So it's been an awesome week. I learned a ton this week and here are a couple quotes that I really like! "Don't let fear keep you from moving on in life." "JUST DO IT!" "Good intentions are not enough. We are capable of so much more." "Set aside those things in your life that don't really matter. Decide to do something that will have eternal consequences."
I also read a talk from Holland called, "The First Great Commandment." I remember hearing that one in conference! It is officially my favorite talk of all time. It blew my mind. As I was reading, I could feel the power and authority in his words. The words were ringing through me - and I know that they're true. It is incredible! Read it. All of you. :)
Have a great week everyone!!! Pray for the Rojas family! I am praying for all of you.
Thanks for all your love and support.
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Amy Schrader

No comments:

Post a Comment