Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Adam and Alaena!

Hello family :)
Happy Birthday to Adam! He is 24! I am so lucky to have a brother like him. I love the heck out of him and we have always had tons of fun together. Wish him a happy birthday!
Alaena - Happy 22nd! Love you! Youre the best! Have fun in Spain!
Not much time today, people. I am so sorry!
But just wanted to go over the basics of this week - Transfers are Wednesday! I might be in another city by next monday or I might have a new comp. But then again, I might be in the same place with the same comp so we shall see. ;)
I love Chile! People here are sweet and adorable, sometimes a little lazy and sometimes a little crazy, but i still love them.
I understand all Spanish! Officially! Milo used to mutter sarcastic comments and jokes under his breath, and i never understood what he was saying, but NOW I DO! And he is hilarious.
I had the best day in the mission this week! We taught our family, the Rojas family. We arrived to see their faces sad and the air tense...they told us we arrived right in time. They had been fighting and arguing, and there was a bad spirit about the place. But we listened to them, loved them, and taught them part of the Plan of Salvation and baptism. They agreed to get baptized and even shook our hands and said, DEAL! I love them so much already and they are amazing. They said they have all these catholic things up everywhere, the saints, the virgin, and no one has come to help them. But we did, and we came right at the right time. I dont brag that it was our idea or our power that helped them. It was all God. After teaching them, I offered a prayer with a blessing on the family adn the house, and after we said, Amen, Carolina looked up, with tears in her eyes, and said to her husband, "Do you feel that? That relief?"
IT WAS THE BEST FEELING EVER. 
I also learned this week that things happen for a reason. Whatever happens in life, whatever obstacle or hardship, is either a consequence from an action, or just a trial that was meant to happen that will make you better than you were before. I have learned so much in my life, and certain hard events have made me that much stronger. (2 Nephi 2:2)  I also learned that fasting really does make you more sensitive to the Spirit, and that I love the people in Recreo so much! We had ward conference, which was huge, and me and Hna Hanks and Leo sang a couple special numbers from the primary hymn book which really brought the spirit and people loved it.
I am SO grateful for my family and i am so glad that I get to live with them forever! 
I love you guys! All of you!
Enjoy your week. Hasta lunes!
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
Hermana Amy Schrader


No comments:

Post a Comment