Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year 2013


HI EVERYONE!
Happy New Year! It's 2013! My official first memory of 2013:  Waking up to the sounds of my roommates puking their guts out. Fun, right? :) On New Year's Eve apparently there was a cook in the cafeteria that was sick and contaminated a lot of the food... That's what I hear anyway, so a lot of people got sick with food poisoning! 3 out of my 5 roommates were sick. Out of all 56 zones in the MTC, there were only 6 that didn't have anyone that was sick!!!!  It's the MTC Epidemic of 2013! Haha but everyone's fine now and I'm totally better from that cold I had the first week. :)
If Sister Niko is reading this, or anyone else in charge of my missionary plaque, I changed my mind about the scripture I want on it! lol if it's too late that's fine cuz they're both good scriptures, but I would rather have the scripture, D&C 84:88 on it!  That one just really speaks to me. :)
Hey guys! If you wanna read some really good scriptures, read John 14:27 and 18!!! Alma 7:11-12! Romans 8, 2 Nephi 4, 2 Nephi 31 and 32, and Alma 5! :) do it!
So the date that I leave isn't exact yet, but I have heard both February 20th and February 25th! So whichever is fine :)  What's really cool tho is that our entire district (me, Whipple, Brady, Nelson, Schriever, and Gajkowski) DON'T NEED VISAS!!!! Hallelujah for Chile! And Guatemala and El Salvador. haha.
Sister Buhler sent my mom some videos and pictures of me in the MTC! Haha it's awesome havinng a connection to the outside world. Hope you enjoy them!
How is the BYU Bball team doing?! I love them and I miss them! I hear Tyler Haws is tearin up the place... I knew I always liked him :) lol.
If Amy Hoskins reads this, Congratulations on getting called to Honolulu! That is awesome! You are so lucky, you'll be great. :)
Well I just wanted to say that one of my favorite things here at the MTC is still when we all get together and sing.  Everytime we do, I just think, "We are as the army of Helaman, we have been taught in our youth! We ARE the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world His truth!!!" Ah it's so awesome.
Me and Hermana Whipple, my comp, taught a second lesson to Roberto the other day, (Roberto is our teacher, Hermano Ramsey) and we did good! one of our other teachers, Hermano Johnson, that was in the lesson with us, took us back to our classroom, where our Elders were. Right before Hermano Johnson left, he looked at the Elders and said, "Watch out! Las Hermanas son poderosas. Poderosas!" So yeah that was pretty cool.
Sooo um for New Years Eve we still went to bed at 10:30...haha but it's whatever. A lot of people got up at 11:55 to drink some Martinelli's but we didn't have any. Esta bien.
STORYTIME! My teacher Hermano Ramsey told us a cool story from his mission in Mexico. So the rule is that missionaries should be home to their apartments at 9:30 every night. After Elder Ramsey and his companion taught a lesson to some investigators, it was 9:15 and they were jogging to make it home in time. On their way home they saw a couple guys gathered around a car with the hood up. The Elders decide to stop and see if they can help. All four guys look at the engine for a while, and can't find anything wrong with it. So they decide to try pushing the car and jump starting it. So they try that and nothing happens. They go back to looking at the engine. Can't see the problem. So they try jump starting it again while pushing it...and they repeat this process a couple more times with no success! When it was about 9:25, the Elders suggest praying. The guys just look at them skeptically and say, "Whatever dude." So Elder Ramsey says the prayer, asking for help to get the car started. After the prayer they look at the engine again and then decide to try to push and jumpstart it one more time. Right before they push, Elder Ramsey said to his companion, "Elder, get ready to see a miracle." And lo and behold! they push and turn the ignition and the car fires right up! And to make matters even cooler, the dudes with the car offer the Elders a ride home, and they make it there by 9:30! 
I really liked that story.
Well anyway, today our zone went to the Provo temple at 6:50 AM. We had to walk there and it was as cold as death out there! But it was an awesome expereience once we got there, that temple is just filled with beautiful chandeliers! And afterwards we all ate in the cafeteria, where I got the two greatest things on earth:  Bacon and Cinnamon Rolls!!! It was delicious.
New missionaries came on Wednesday! Our district watched out the window the entire time people were being dropped off. :)
Our Branch President, President Tyler, is absolutely amazing. WE had a a question and answer session with him, and everytime someone asked any question, even if it was the most obscure thing ever, Pres. Tyler says, "Why don't we start by turning to [insert specific scripture]. Haha he's a boss.
I love the Elder in my district! As usual! They make us laugh sooo hard and I am so glad I'm here at the MTC. Right now, I'd rather be here than anywhere else in the world.
For those of you who need my address again, it's:
Hermana Amy Schrader
MTC Mailbox #255
CHI-VDM 0226
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604
 
Please write me on DearElder.com!!!!! I love getting letters!
PLEASE EVERYONE WRITE ME!
If you have written me, your letters are on their way!
I will someday figure out how to attach pictures. :)
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
The Gospel is true! I'm so sure, I'm practically deoderant. (Stick It reference, sorry. lol)
Hermana Schrader!

No comments:

Post a Comment