Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Big Branch

Hello Everyone :)
Happy ... end of February! Cant believe it's almost March... This is madness. Speaking of madness, how's basketball lookin for this year? Anyone know who's gonna win? :) 
Well I had a great week. Me and my comp just had so much fun. Last Monday we went on a tour of Valparaíso with Mariana (a member) and two less active young women! We got to see the sights, and lots of tourists, and art, and old buildings and prisons...and the ocean! It was gorgeous. We also went down an "ascensor". Super old and super fun!
We have also been teaching the Solis Castro family a lot, and they are progressing! They need a little more time than we thought to receive their own testimonies... but slow progress is still progress. And I love that family to pieces!
We had intercambios (exchanges?) this week, and I went to my old area, Placilla, again! I was with Hermana Siler, who is the sweetest person ever, who's from Logan, Utah. We got to be up in the Laguna area, which is almost exactly like the USA except that they speak Spanish. The neighborhood was gorgeous and full of green grass and golden retrievers. :) My paradise. We then got lost in a ditch and emerged into a construction site with thorns all over our clothes - but it was an adventure that we laughed about and will never forget. :) I learned so much and I am so glad for that opportunity to be with Hermana Siler for a day! I have so many goals for the rest of my mission and theyre gonna happen.
We had our last Mission Correlation meeting with Hermano Encina - LOVE THAT GUY! And with our Elders (Pichinte and Ault). We shared stories and food like usual and talked about our investigators. I will really miss that guy! He is now technically in the Quebrada Verde branch, so we will have to get a new mission leader in our Levarte branch.
Yesterday, we saw the big boom of the double branch! Church was packed with people happy and smiling - so obedient to the call to join branches. There were also less actives that came! I was very impressed. I love my branch!
We are working on finding new investigators a lot, because the ones we have currently are continuing to progress or fizzling out. Like Veronica and Lydia. They let us in when we want, but...they dont do anything else, and are not receptive at all. :( Maybe in the future.
Can I just say how much I love my convert? Milsy? She is the coolest convert anyone could ever have. She goes to everything and is so happy and just....amazing. I love her so much! We are BFFs. :)
Well, its been a good week. And another good week is ahead - that's what we pray for. :) I hope you all have a good week too! 
Quote for the week:
"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until ALL know, and work until He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ."  That goes along really well with Romans 1:16. :)
Love you all! Have a great week!
Hermana Amy Schrader

No comments:

Post a Comment