Wednesday, December 26, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE MTC!!!


Hello Family and Friends!
I am sorry I haven't been able to email yet! Today is the first day we've been able to! My P-Days are on Fridays, I hope you got my letter home!
I am in District 11A and my companion is Hermana Whipple! Bad news about her:  She goes to the University of Utah and when we were in gymn, she didn't get my Pokemon reference! But the good news:  She is OBSESSED with Harry Potter just like me. Plus she's awesome and funny and we have a ton of fun together. She's from Bountiful, Utah. We are the only sisters in our district. The other Elders are Elder Brady, from Arizona, going to Chile Santiago West, Elder Nelson, from Provo, going to Chile Santiago North, Elder Schriever, from Idaho, going to El Salvador/San Salvador/Belize, and Elder Gajkowski (it's Polish) from Utah, going to Guatemala Guatemala City North!  Ok!
So it's been crazy awesome here and there's such an amazing spirit of Christmas here.  There are lights on all the trees in one of our courtyards and it's beautiful! It's super cold though, and of course I get sick 24 hours after I got here :) You know me! But everyone's been really nice about it, even though today and yesterday I lost my voice and our Elders joke that I sound like a 13 year old boy. haha. My district is so awesome, I love being with them, they are so funny!  The food so far is not bad, but I've got 8 weeks to go! :)
Ummm let's see there's SO MUCH to tell you but I can't remember it all and I have NO TIME! I have 20 minutes to write you guys and I spent at least 5 reading all the emails I got. Solution:  PLEASE use dearelder.com! It's free while I'm in the MTC and the day you email me I get a physical copy. So please do it! I would love that!
I don't know what to say! It's all been so amazing and crazy and I don't have time to say anything! Hearing all the elders and sisters sing Christmas songs and Called to Serve is SO COOL!!! It sounds like an Army of Helaman! I wish I could sing right now but that probably wouldn't be too pleasant for the ears haha.
Elder Russell M. Nelson came to our Christmas Devotional today and spoke! It was so cool, when he walked in the room, everyone stood up and you could feel the Spirit come in with him. Dang brotha! It was so cool. During his talk, I couldn't stop writing notes! And his wife talked about gifts we receive and that the gifts of the Holy Ghost are in 3 places in the scriptures! First Corinthians, somwhere in teh BoM, and Section 42 of D and C or something like that. If it's in there that many times, it must be important for us to know!!! Pray for the spiritual gifts you want and need.
Ok! Please write me! I have so much more to say and I don't have time!
I LOVE ALL OF YOU!
THIS GOSPEL is SO TRUE it's incredible.
I'm so grateful for the Christmas season.
MISS YOU GUYS!
(btw we watched the Testaments the night before Christmas Eve, A CHRISTMAS CAROL on CHRISTMAS EVE!!! Tradition :) and tonight we are watching It's a Wonderful Life!
Ok! BYE! LOVE YOU!
Hermana Amy Schrader

No comments:

Post a Comment